What is a link wheel?
Link wheel or link pyramid is one of the great ways to direct tons of traffic to your websites. Imagine hundreds or thousands of websites linking to your site via a primary layer. The primary layer contains a few websites. These link wheels build back links to your websites main page, which gives your website higher search engine ranking.
This wheel consists of a set of mini sites using Web 2.0 sites, Free Blogger Sites, Article directories and social bookmarking sites. Link wheels enable to create your own webpage on these popular sites to promote your central website.
The term has been derived from the way that these pages are linked together. Each page will link to the next page in line until you have made a complete circle using all of the pages. In addition to linking to the next page in line, each page also links to your target page or site, the main one you are trying to promote.
This chain of links help to promote each page in the search engines, as the PR and authority of each page increases it also increases the PR and Authority of the next page inline, while at the same time increasing the PR and authority of the target site.
In order to make link wheels truly effective, additional links need to be pointed to the wheel link sources. The additional sources include high PR paid links, Articles, forums and blog links.
Why link wheel is an important part of SEO?
Link wheel is the system of indirectly pushing link juice to your niche site without making direct links pointing it. This technique gives you a way to rapidly accumulate link power without tripping filters by getting too many links too fast to your main site. There are many benefits to using this technique by SEO experts worldwide and it has become more and more popular in the past year or so.
When you construct a link wheel what you’re doing is making profiles and sites on respective Web 2.0 properties. A Web 2.0 property is a site like YouTube, Vimeo, Slideshare, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, HubPages, Squidoo, etc.. There are hundreds if not huge number of these sites out there. You randomly pick some of them, so you link them together like a concatenation link fence. The properties then link to your principal site. Ultimately, you work up backlinks to every bit of the Web 2.0 properties in your wheel. You can think of your specific wheels spoke in the link wheel as a link collector. They conglomerate large amounts of backlinks and multiplex the power down into a few links to your primary site.
How to create an effective link wheel?
You must use high quality, unique content, in your link wheels; otherwise you are in the risk of deletion of your articles by moderators.
Steps you may follow for your link wheel:
1. Create blogs on various blogging sites and customize it according to your taste and niche (Be sure to use keyword optimized blog domain/subdomain, title tag and Meta)
2. Add relevant keyword rich text and other contents which you did uniquely write for your campaign (Please avoid using duplicate or spun content. Your contents should be unique and not used in other places).
3. Link your keywords with target web pages and blogs. You can use 1-3 links in 300 words content; this will create strong incoming links and transfer maximum link juice into your niche site.
4. Most of the article directories and web 2 properties provide RSS feeds. Distributing this feeds will you to enhance blogs visibility.
5. Create 3/4 accounts on each social networking site and link website RSS.
6. Continue upgrading blogs and website with relevant fresh content. After about 2-3 weeks when your object has been created, go back, and add some new content. Have a quick peek at Google News for your targeted keyword and add ~100 words of new content to the page. It also helps if you throw in a YouTube video or some additional content.
List of Sites for Link wheels
Building your own link wheel yourself is rally a simple process. You just need to be patient. You want to select the number of spokes in your wheel, and then select your Web 2.0 sites.
Here is a good set of Web 2.0 sites to choose from:
If you are not comfortable in creating a link wheel yourself by consuming countless number of hours, you may consider hiring professional link wheeler who will make effective link wheel for you. Perhaps the most important part of this entire article for you is the bottom.
“Bipul” is an expert SEO professional who has been optimizing tons of websites all around the world. He is offering Link Wheel Service at https://www.fiverr.com/bipul_kar/do-a-10-blog-linkwheel?display_share=true&arrived_from_share_todo=true